International Residency at ArtsAcre
ArtsAcre is a non-profit organization that welcomes artists from all around the world to its lodgings, studios and workshops to research and create new works in a unique setting. The Action Area III of Rajarhat, Kolkata is located on the fringes of City of Kolkata. The Residency calls for open Application from artists from all parts of India and the world.
Vision of ArtsAcre is to provide opportunity and platform to Artists from different countries and cultural backgrounds to debate, create, explore, reflect, research and practice art while exchanging ideas and experiences across borders. ArtsAcre Art Residency emphasizes importance of multi-layered cultural exchange.
Who should participate:
Established as well as emerging artists/researchers who are looking for:
- Congenial environment for research and development of new work.
- Technical assistance to develop new work with traditional or experimental techniques of Sculpture, printmaking, Ceramics, Painting etc.
- Accelerating artistic practice.
- Working/researching on Modern and Contemporary Bengal Art.
- Learning Conservation & Restoration of Artworks.
- Building relationships and collaborations that is vital to the development of artistic practice and market opportunities.
- Opportunity to showcase Artworks along with artists of different countries to the Art Connoisseurs and Art Appreciators.
All admitted Artists will get:
- Studio rooms to stay
- have access to shared workshops
- technical assistance
- an array of tools, equipment and site materials are available on request
- inspiring visits by prominent artists and art professionals
- artist’s talks
- access to library
- a stimulating International working environment
- administratitive services
Applicants must download our application form from our website and email it after filling all necessary information at email@example.com. Please review the application requirements listed below before beginning your application.
The program is open to all National and International visual artists. All information submitted on the application form, C.V. and support materials must be in English, Hindi or Bengali. Students are not eligible to apply.
A non-refundable application fee of Rs.1,000/- for Indian Nationals and $30 for foreign nationals is required with each application. The application fee must be paid at the time of submitting your application, details of which are there on our website.
- Work samples are evaluated through a competitive, juried process.
- Accepted artists are responsible for their own artwork materials as well as travel to and from the ArtsAcre Foundation.
- Residency is Free as Boarding, Lodging, Workshop space & Technical Assistance is offered free to Artists.
- A nominal fee of $400 to Foreign Nationals and Rs.20,000/- to Indian Nationals will be charged to organize Exhibition, Brochures, Studios & Gallery visits etc.
- An enthusiastic, resourceful staff devoted to providing each artist with a fulfilling, productive and comfortable residency experience.
- A quiet, retreat-type environment conducive to the creative process.
- ArtsAcre is set in a rich, expansive nature preserve with pond, greenery, landscapes and Sculptures in Open.
- Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art inside the campus acts as a constant source of inspiration to the artists.
- Our 400 seat in-house Auditorium provides opportunity to residents to watch movies on the lives of great masters in the evenings.
- Opportunity to choose from five different workshops i.e. Ceramics, Print-making, Painting, Sculpture and Photography.
Notifications of the results will be sent via e-mail within six weeks of the deadline. Please make sure that the email address provided on the application form is an account that you check regularly. A Letter of Acceptance for use in obtaining additional funding support or visas can be requested after you receive your email notification of acceptance.